Last year, we released the Taka: a 3-batten wave sail that combined maneuverability with stability. We loved that the Taka's profile adjusted itself during sailing. Power when you want it, and none when you don't--like in the middle of a gybe or cut-back. But we wanted to make an even more stable sail, especially in high wind. To do so, we re-shaped the foil and added an extra stabilizer batten above the boom.
This makes the Taka2 better in three areas:
- Improved high-end control and stability thanks to the extended stabilizer batten.
- More power in super-light wind because the Taka2 holds a more rigid foil, which is especially noticeable when pumping for waves.
- The Taka2 rigs on any mast while still using our proprietary calibration system.
"I want a sail that is full and powerful in a straight line but also flat and neutral during tricks, waverides, and transitions. The TAKA2 gives me the maneuverability I need without losing stability. I love the TAKA2." - Ezzy Team Rider - Graham Ezzy
RIGGING, CATALOG AND SAIL SPECS
A portion of every sail we sell goes to help schools in Sri Lanka.
Click on the image to read more about the Ezzy Foundation!
LOCATE AN EZZY DEALER HERE
|Ezzy Taka2 Wave Sail||Luff||Boom||Boom||No. of||Ezzy Mast||Base||Weight|
|3.4||355||132||140||3||340 / 340||15 cm||2.679 kg|
|3.8||371||136||144||3||340 / 370||16 cm||2.794 kg|
|4.1||380||143||151||3||370 / 370||10 cm||2.913 kg|
|4.5||391||152||160||3||370 / 400||6 cm||3.030 kg|
|4.7||397||157||165||3||370 / 400||12 cm||3.102 kg|
|5.0||404||160||168||3||370 / 400||19 cm||3.190 kg|
|5.3||418||166||174||3||400 / 400||18 cm||3.294 kg|
Note on Ezzy Masts
How To Choose The Perfect Mast Combination For Your Quiver:
- Pick the top and bottom that fits the sail you use the most.
- Use a longer top for your bigger sail.
- Use a shorter bottom for your smaller sail.
= Best Combination
= Good Combination
**We recommend using the 1st choice Ezzy Masts top and bottom with all Elite sails whenever possible for uncompromised performance.
The Ezzy Hookipa Mast
David Ezzy explains Mast Theory
Reviews are coming!