Click on sail image for zoom view
RIGGING GUIDE AND CATALOG
- Ezzy Cheetah Rigging Guide (pdf)
- Ezzy Cheetah Rigging Videos
- Ezzy Cheetah Catalog (pdf)
- Ezzy Calibrated Downhaul Info (pdf)
LOCATE AN EZZY DEALER HERE
Our go-to flat water sail, the Cheetah has a soft, locked-in race feel. Camless and easy to rig, the Cheetah’s deep foil provides power and speed. When we freeride, we want to go fast, nail 100% of our jibes, and rocket into the air if a ramp appears. This is the easy freedom that inspired the Cheetah, and what the Cheetah delivers. The Cheetah is pure freeride but can hold its own against any race sail. The forgiving, soft feel makes the Cheetah a dream to gybe. The Cheetah rigs on all RDM and SDM masts. And, like all Ezzy Sails, the Cheetah is built to last.
- New Material = Lighter, Softer, More Maneuverable A lighter scrim not only reduces the Cheetah's weight but also makes the sail softer, so it glides through lulls and maneuvers effortlessly. Also, the 6.0, 6.5, and 7.0 have 6 battens instead of 7, making the smaller sails feel lighter and softer.
- Flatter Shape Above the Boom = More Control The profile above the boom is flatter to give the Cheetah more control when the wind picks up.
- Smoother Twist = Faster The batten spacing is more progressive, which means that the battens are closer to each other nearer to the head of the sail. This creates a smoother twist in the sail's profile, which translates to more constant power, more control, and a higher top speed.
A portion of every sail we sell goes to help schools in Sri Lanka.
Click on the image to read more about the Ezzy Foundation!
Just got my first sail on the new 8.0 Cheetah. What a blast!! Wind speed was average 13-14 with gusts up to only around 17 and lulls as low as 10. Didn't matter, I just planed through it all. Everyone else gave up and went in (one guy was on a 7.5 Twin cam and another one was on a 7.6 full race sail amongst others), even the kiters were few and far between. In the meantime there I was cruising along, riding the fin, jibing (easily) on big swells and running circles around everyone. Easy sail to rig, easy sail to get up and going, easy sail to jibe, stable as hell and powerful as can be. I bet this rig adds 20 or 30 more sailing days a year for me. I had a big grin the whole time! Thanks again Dave! You just keep amazing me!
Even with one less batten everything on the low end has been awesome. I don't seem to miss the batten at all. The lighter weight seems to make it feel, if not more powerful, more efficient. I've been planing when I didn't think I could. It also has a nice slippery feel on the minimum downhaul setting. It's a bit softer in actual feel and power delivery out of a jibe which I liked... more user-friendly.
Derek Rijiff-Delta Windsurf Company
CHEETAH SAIL SPECS
|Ezzy Cheetah||Luff||Luff||Boom||Boom||Ezzy Mast||No. of||Base||Weight|
|5.5||435||437||172||180||430/25/21||6||7 cm||3.844 kg|
|6.0||442||444||179||188||430/25/21||6||14 cm||4.050 kg|
|6.5||454||456||188||196||430/25/21||6||26 cm||4.140 kg|
|7.0||465||467||196||204||460/25/25||6||7 cm||4.404 kg|
|7.5||476||478||203||211||460/25/25||7||18 cm||4.836 kg|
|8.0||484||486||212||220||460/25/25||7||26 cm||4.944 kg|
|8.5||501||503||219||227||490/26/29||7||13 cm||5.262 kg|
|9.5||513||515||237||245||490/26/29||7||25 cm||5.588 kg|
RIGGING VIDEOS FOR THE CHEETAH
Note on Ezzy Masts
How To Choose The Perfect Mast Combination For Your Quiver:
- Pick the top and bottom that fits the sail you use the most.
- Use a longer top for your bigger sail.
- Use a shorter bottom for your smaller sail.
= Best Combination
= Good Combination
The Ezzy Hookipa Mast
Ezzy Sails work great with the Ezzy Mast system, but also work with a variety of other brand masts (RDM and regular diameter). You could contact your mast maker and see if the bend of your non-Ezzy mast is compliant.
Ezzy mast bend curves are tip: 75% to 79% and base: 62% to 65%
Note: this is not carbon content. This is percentage bend relative to the midpoint bend.
For further info on Ezzy Mast sizing, please refer to our Mast Configurator Tool
Our removable, 316 stainless steel tack pulley can be replaced with our 316 stainless D-ring for those who prefer a grommet with a pulley hook.
- Every Ezzy Cheetah is rigged and fine tuned in our factory before shipping.
- At Ezzy we offer unmatched customer service. Email us at [email protected] and you will get a personal response within 12 hours.