- Is the new 60% carbon mast interchangeable with the Hookipa 91% mast?
- Does the new 60% mast work well in ALL Ezzy Sails, past and present?
- Is the bend curve and stiffness of the 60% mast the same as the 91% mast.
- Is the new 60% mast softer than the 91% mast?
No, same as the 91%.
- Is the new 60% mast as strong as the 91% mast?
- What kind of feeling does the 60% have compared with to the 91%?
The 60% feels pretty good. I only notice the difference when I go back on the 91%, which still feels better to me because it is lighter.
- Will you stop producing the 91% masts in the future?
No. We will continue with both the 60% and the 91% masts.
NOTE ON EZZY MASTS:
Ezzy Sails work great with the Ezzy Mast system, but also work with a variety of other brand masts (RDM and regular diameter). You could contact your mast maker and see if the bend of your non-Ezzy mast is compliant.
Ezzy mast bend curves are tip: 75% to 79% and base: 62% to 65%
Note: this is not carbon content. This is percentage bend relative to the midpoint bend.
We recommend using the 1st choice Ezzy Masts top and bottom with all Ezzy Elite wave sails whenever possible for uncompromised performance.
“It is a life altering experience the first time you use an Ezzy Skinny Mast! You have got to try one out!“