- Is the new 60% carbon mast interchangeable with the Hookipa 91% mast?
- Does the new 60% mast work well in ALL Ezzy Sails, past and present?
- Is the bend curve and stiffness of the 60% mast the same as the 91% mast.
- Is the new 60% mast softer than the 91% mast?
No, same as the 91%.
- Is the new 60% mast as strong as the 91% mast?
- What kind of feeling does the 60% have compared with to the 91%?
The 60% feels pretty good. I only notice the difference when I go back on the 91%, which still feels better to me because it is lighter.
- Will you stop producing the 91% masts in the future?
No. We will continue with both the 60% and the 91% masts.
NOTE ON EZZY MASTS:
Ezzy Mast Bend Curves
Ezzy mast bend curves are constant curve with these values:
- ¼ point: 62%
- ¾ point: 77%
Note: this is not carbon content. This is the percentage bend relative to the midpoint bend.
Ezzy Masts Fit Most Sails
Ezzy masts work in all sails that require a constant curve bend.
For Sails That Require a Hard Top Bend Mast
Customers using sail brands that require a hard top bend have found success combining our top with a bottom that is two sizes smaller. For example combining a 460 top and a 400 bottom produces a 430 cm hard top mast.